Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MINDO - OUR SECOND VISIT WITH MORE HIGH ADVENTURES

One of the cable cars.


I am putting 2 vidios with this post one is when we crossed the gorge, you won´t see us as I did not stand up in the car, the second is when we were waiting to return and I took one of the car coming across. Hopefully you can get a sense of the height, it took all my courage to do this and for Dad it was a great leap of faith.


Mindo, Ecuador from Brenda Yost on Vimeo.



Mindo, Ecuador from Brenda Yost on Vimeo.



The one and only waterfall we got to that day, it looks like cave opening but it is a large rock. I love being out in nature.


Mindo is a beautiful area, I don´t know if we will get there again but I hope we do.



I won´t bore you with lots of butterfly pictures because I took many but you can enjoy one!



This little girl was covered with butterflies, she was having a great time.


Wow I didn´t realize I had not done a post on our Mindo Trip #2. Now the new office Elders are asking us to plan another trip so they can go to Mindo and do the zip lines, that would be #3.
On our second visit we decided to do the tarabita instead of the zip lines. This is a cable car type of contraption. It goes over a very large, deep gorge. I am finding that I don´t really like the hights much, and Dad really does not like them. When you get to the other side there are trails to several waterfalls along the river. We were told that the trail to the first waterfall was about 15 minutes and not very steep. We had Sister Naylor with us and did not want to do a difficult hike. The trail was extreamly steep and since we were in a cloud forest the trail was damp, it took us about an hour to reach the first waterfall. Needless to say that was the only waterfall we went to!
Later we went to a butterfly farm, this was a different one from the first time. Butterflies, mariposas, are so beautiful and peaceful I love watching them.

No comments: