Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Special Training for Ambato, Riobamba and the Oriente

Tuesday April 26, 2011

Today is our last special training/health fair. We traveled to Ambato and Sister Dresen was able to go with us. She leaves for home next week and so this was her last opportunity to met with the missionaries. She has made packages of homemade cookies for all the missionaries (200 of them) which have been given out at these special trainings. Today she got to deliver them in person.
We were able to make a short visit to the hospital to discuss a project they have requested. We did an NRT here last January, it was so nice to see and visit many of the people we worked with at that training.

As we were leaving I looked behind us and Volcán Tungurahua was visable, she has come to life again and is sending ash high into the atmosphere. The pictures aren´t to great but remember they are from the bus window and I was straining to turn around to get them.


Sister Rogers and Sister Dresen, outside the topiary garden. Sister Dresen had not seen the garden so we walked there from the church, but the gates were locked, we got a few pictures through the fence.


Elders enjoying the cookies!


As we were traveling out of Quito I got some beautiful shots of Volcán Cotopaxi.

2 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

I really appreciate your blog. I get to see things that I have not seen in person. Thank you for your photos and perspective.

Michael said...

It's all so beautiful! I don't see any recent posts though, I hope all is well!
Love,
Kathy