Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Edward Scissorhands Gardens

February 2, 2011

We returned to Ambato to deliver the NRT equipment to the hospital. We had a delightful visit with those we had taught, and then they took us to a very nice lunch. As we were leaving Ambato Fernando took us to a beautiful Topiary Park. The missionaries call it the Edward Scissorhands Garden. It isn´t a huge garden but the topiaries are very large. The trees must be very old. It was so beautiful, gardens are so nice and peaceful, everyone needs a garden. I was searching the internet to find the name of this garden as it is not listed in my guide book. I found a site that calls it the Valentine Park. Wish I had known that before I did the Valentine Day post.

Delivering the NRT equipment.

It seemed that every bush and tree was made into something.



There were several different areas, one of a band, an area of animals, then some that looked like they were out of Alice in Wonderland.





There are so many beautiful topiaries it was hard to pick just a few to show.


One of the archways.

All aboard the "green" train. Notice the size of these topiaries.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Those are huge!! I don't think I have ever really seen topiaries. But those are really neat!